Tourism Central Australia is a non-profit, innovative membership-based association that assists a wide variety of stakeholders including individuals, businesses and organisations with the growth of the tourism industry in the Red Centre. We service 61% of the Northern Territory including Alice Springs, the MacDonnell Ranges, Uluru-Kata Tjuta, Kings Canyon and the Tennant Creek region.
As the peak tourism body in the Red Centre, our primary role is to
- increase awareness of member’s tourism products
- respond to the needs of the tourism industry in Central Australia
- work closely with Tourism NT on marketing the region as the ultimate outback holiday destination
- manage the Alice Springs Visitor Information Centre which provides consumers with booking capabilities, and essential visitor information to make their stay a memorable, enjoyable and safe experience.
Our vision is based on engaging our industry, strategic partners in government and allied industry organisations by:
- providing information on the region and selling member’s products from our visitor information centres and through mobile technologies.
- promoting the dispersal of visitors across the region.
- providing industry leadership and representing our members and the tourism industry on tourism related issues.
- communicating openly with our members on matters affecting tourism.
- working closely with Tourism NT, Regional Tourism Associations, local councils and other tourism organisations.